Dance A Jig for Mary Jane 19866
Jig · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- Holly Boyd (2018)
- 804/848/888/666 = 58% (whole dance)
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change
- Published in
- Extra info
- I was teaching a dance ...
I was teaching a dance class on the day that marijuana was legalized across Canada. I felt that deserved a dance. I had just come back from the Ottawa weekend workshop and was inspired by Whig Maleeries, by Derek Ivory in the Imperial Society Book, a dance that Geoffrey Selling taught at that workshop. The serpentine is from Queen City Salute by Dale Birdsall in Book 37.
A Jig for Mary Jane 3/4L · J32
- 1c cast to 3pl (2c+3c up) | set advancing into promhold facing 3W ; ½ Reel3 across, RSh to 3W. 3c loop to 3pl as 1c NHJ in 2pl face up (2,1,3x)
- ½ Mirror Reels3 on sides, 1c out and up, 2c in and down. 1c in promhold, 1W on 1M's L, face 3W ; ½ Reel3 across, RSh to 3W. 1c NHJ in 2pl face down (3,1,2)
- Mirror Reels3 on sides, 1c out and down, 2c in and up. 1c NHJ in 2pl face down (3,1,2)
- »The Serpentine« [: (middle C always starts inwards} 1c+2c change places EH | 3c+2c (other hand) repeat ; 3c (other hand) +1c repeat, 2c+1c+3c set]