Dance The Mystic Knot 20032
Medley · 160 bars (S80+R80) · 4 couples · Square (Progression: 4123)
- Devised by
- Viktor Lehmann (2019)
- 8888/8888/8888/8888/8888 = 100% (whole dance)
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change, Strathspey setting, Strathspey travel
- Online Sources
- Extra info
- Dedicated to Anika Lange, my ...
Dedicated to Anika Lange, my chosen sister.
|Stepping Hill||Colin Dewar and his Scottish Dance Band||The Vallin Suite 4||CD||15||M160 1||4:05||49.0||The Iron Man/Cameron's Got his Wife Again/The New High Level/Bert McCroskie|
The Mystic Knot 4S · M160
- All petronella turn, set to partner (star formation: ladies back to back in the center, men on the outside, all facing partner).
- Double Reels of 4 (with 1/2 LA in the middle), to finish in star formation as on bar 4.
- All set to partner, then petronella turn back to sidelines into partners‘ places, facing own partner again.
- „Mystic Knot“: On bars 1-4, couples in top and bottom places 1/2TB and open up facing in; dance one step in NHJ, and with opp. person dance one step out to side couples‘ places NHJ, finish facing new partner; on bars 5-8, now in side couples‘ places, 1/2 TB and pull RS back to finish back to back and dance 1 place into partners‘ opp. places, facing partner; repeat that movement back to places where the „Mystic Knot“ started from while side couples start the movement with what is described for bars 5-8 and continue the ongoing movement from there.
- Starting with own partner: chain for two hands, one place on.
- TR 3/4
- Ladies 1/2 chase clw round set while men LA (to 4 1 2 3), to face own partner, ready to start the next repeat. The first two repeats are in Strathspey time, the last two repeats in Reel time.