Dance Cocktails at Hogmanay 20034
Jig · 40 bars · 5 persons · Square (Progression: 51234)
- Devised by
- Viktor Lehmann (2019)
- 44848/40408/44488/04048/44448 = 56% (whole dance)
- Skip-Change, Slip-Step
- Online Sources
- Extra info
- I wrote this dance for ...
I wrote this dance for a group of dancers who I celebrated New Year‘s Eve with. Person#5 is the straw to mix everything, on the last four bars this dancer adds the half orange to the glass.
4 dancers in a square set, dancer #5 on #1s right hand side.
|5x40 Jig||Catherine Fraser & Duncan Smith||Old Favourites and Odd Couples||CD||13||J40 5||4:02||38.7||The Earl of Morton's Jig/The Hare Amang the Corn/Sgian Dubh/The Prince of Wales/Captain Campbell (of Lochnell's) Reel|
Cocktails at Hogmanay 5pS · J40
4 dancer in a square set, dancer #5 on #1s right hand side.
- 1+3+5 RA, 1 finishing in own place, whilst 3+5 keep RH staying in the center of the set, pulling RS back to finish facing side couples (3 facing 2, 5 facing 4).
- 1/2 RS reel of four; 3+5 join LH for final LS pass, keep hands and face 1.
- 1+3+5 LA, 1+3 finishing in own places, 5 rather in the center of the set.
- 5 dance LS around 1 to finish on 2's left side (being in 4th place).
- Repeat 1-16 reversed (changed hands and directions and with side couples in the lead): LA & LH twirl, 1/2 LS reel with RH turn at the end, face 2 (in 4th place), RA, 5 dance around 2 (giving RS) to finish on 3's right side (being in top place).
- All circle 3/4 (to 4, 1, 2, 3/5 together).
- 5 cast to top to finish on 4's left side (new joint couple in 1st place). Progressed order is now 5/4, 1, 2, 3.