Dance Moonraker Strathspey 20299
Strathspey · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- Pat Charlton
- 880/888/844/888 = 63% (whole dance)
- Strathspey setting, Strathspey travel
- Published in
- Counting Sheep 
- Extra info
- This was written for my ...
This was written for my husband who is Wiltshire born.
Moonraker is a nickname for Wiltshire folk. The story goes that Wiltshire yokels, with typical country guile, when raking a pond for kegs of smuggled brandy, feigned stupidity when surprised by the excise men, and said they were trying to rake out the moon, which was reflected in the water.
The singing version of the Wiltshire Moonrakers is inside the front cover.
Moonraker Strathspey 3/4L · S32
- 1c+2c The Espagnole. 1c face out (2,1,3)
- Reels3 on sides, 1c LSh to 4cnrs. On  1c turn RH to continue the reel on opposite sides. 1c face 1cnrs (2,1x,3)
- Set to and Turn Corners (2,1x,3)
- Reels3 on sides, 1W crossing up, 1M crossing down (2,1,3)