Dance The Fruit Cake 20302
Medley · 32 bars · 4 couples · Square (Progression: 2341)
- Devised by
- Pat Charlton
- 8888/8888/8888/8888 = 100% (whole dance)
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change, Strathspey setting, Strathspey travel
- Published in
- Counting Sheep 
- Extra info
- This dance is for Lindsay ...
This dance is for Lindsay Benaud. For many years she has provided fruit cakes for Sydney Branch balls and socials. Lindsay is one of those behind the scenes workers – never makes a fuss, just gets things done.
The Fruit Cake 4S · M32
- All Interlocking Reels4, RSh to P. All W face out (1,2,3,4)
- Schiehallion Reels (3,4,1,2)
- All M turn P RH ¾ | all M chase clw 1 place while all W ½ LHA ; all W turn new P RH ½ | all W chase clw 1 place while all M ½ LHA (4,1,2,3)
- All set to P | turn P RH into allemande hold facing cclw ; all dance 2 places cclw (2,3,4,1)
Repeat once in Strathspey time then twice in Reel time.