Dance The Silver Star 20730
Also known as “A Trip to Auckland” (unofficial).
Reel · 128 bars · 4 couples · Longwise - 4
- Devised by
- Gary W Morris
- Lead/Dance down and cast up (DWN;CBL)
- Rights and Lefts (R&L)
- Hands round - 4 - and back (HR;4P;BACK;)
- Reel of four - on side (REEL;R4;SIDE;)
- Reel of four - across (REEL;ACROSS;R4;)
- Hands round - 8 - and back (HR;8P;BACK;)
- Advance and Retire (ADVRET;2S;)
- Promenade 4 couples (PROM;4C;)
- Note: This list may be incomplete and/or incorrect.
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change, Slip-Step
- Published in
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- The dance is based on ...
The dance is based on an idea made by a member of the advanced class of the 1971 Auckland Labour Weekend School. The Silver Star was a luxury passenger train that ran overnight between Wellington and Auckland.