Dance Natsumi's Jig 20965
Jig · 32 bars · 2 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 2134)
- Devised by
- Masao Kaiho (2018)
- 8888/8000/8000/8800 = 50% (whole dance)
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change, Slip-Step
- Extra info
- Source youtube video where it ...
Source youtube video where it is described as a 4C set but appears to have 2134 progression. In SCDDB it is, for the moment, shown as a 2 couple dance although all couples take part in the circle.
* Note 1: This was originally devised as a dance performed only twice through for four couples in a four-couple longwise set to honour and entertain 1st couple.
* Note 2: This dance has the progression of a three-couple dance in a four-couple set, and is danced eight times through. However, all four couples dance bars 1-8 as in a four-couple dance.
Natsumi's Jig 2/4L · J32
- Circle8 and back (1,2,3,4)
- 1c lead down ; lead up to 2pl (2c up on [11-12]) (2,1,3,4)
- 1c set twice ; turn RH (2,1,3,4)
- 2c+1c R&L (2,1,3,4)
Deviser's note :
On 2nd, 4th, 6th and 8th repetition, 1st couple start from second place and end in third place. Accordingly, on bars 25-32, 2nd couple in second place and 1st couple in third place dance rights and lefts.
On 3rd, 5th and 7th repetition, on bars 1-8, previous 1st couple, starting from third place, dance eight hands round and back. Then new 3rd couple in fourth place step up while previous 1st couple step down behind them.