Dance Libelinha 21101
Also known as “Libellula”.
Reel · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- Isabel Monteiro (2021)
- Allemande Turn (to R or L) (ALL_RL)
- Lead/Dance down and cast up (DWN;CBL)
- Corners' Chain (CCHAIN)
- Note: This list may be incomplete and/or incorrect.
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change
- Extra Info
- Written for a young dancer of our group. She is so light and smooth dancing, that people call her Libelinha …
Written for a young dancer of our group. She is so light and smooth dancing, that people call her Libelinha (dragonfly in portuguese). The word can also be Libellula or Libélula.
Libelinha 3/4L · R32
- 1W adv to join RH with P | 1c set as 1W turns under R arm (allemande turn) ; 1W dances RSh round P to midline
- 1c dance below 3c | cross & cast up (2c up) ; turn ¾ LH to face 1cnrs
- 1c+1cnrs Corner Chain (1c set in cnrs on [3-4]) & 1c end facing 2cnrs
- Repeat with 2cnrs to own side (2,1,3)