Dance The Written Examination 21389
Strathspey · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 3 (Progression: 312)
- Devised by
- Jenny Beer (2019)
- 880/888/888/888 = 92% (whole dance)
- Strathspey setting, Strathspey travel
- Note: This list may be incomplete and/or incorrect.
- Published in
- Delaware Valley Gold 
- Recommended Music
- Extra Info
- The dance commemorates a mistake Jenny made in the Unit 1 examination about rights and lefts for three couples. In …
The dance commemorates a mistake Jenny made in the Unit 1 examination about rights and lefts for three couples. In quick time, this formation requires performance team skill to execute successfully — this strathspey version gives dancers more time to enjoy the pattern, and to get it right. Set & rotate was also on the exam, as was a question about William Marshall.
|The Written Examination||RSCDS Delaware Valley Branch Musicians||Delaware Valley Gold||CD||10||S32 3||3:27||69.0|
The Written Examination 3/3L · S32
- 1s and 2s face diagonally in to dance set & rotate.
- All set advancing for 2. All pull back right shoulder to cast into a chase ½ round. All set. Order is 3x, 1x, 2x.
- 2s, 1s, and 3s dance R&L for 3.
- 3s, 1s, and 2s turn partners BH 1½.