Dance Orca 5107
Jig · 24 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- Barry Skelton (1993)
- Reel of three - across - lead change (REEL;ACROSS;R3;L-CH)
- Published in
- The Dolphin Book 
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- Note: 3rd couple does nothing ...
Note: 3rd couple does nothing.
Strathspey Message From: "Barry Skelton"
8 X 24 bar Reel Devised by Barry Skelton 1st November. 1993
Suitable Music: Teviot Bridge
Record: R.S.C.D.S. Book 5 (Kenny Thomson)
A reel for three couples, danced in a longwise four couple set.
1-8 First couple, turn with the right hand and cast off one place. Second couple step up on bars 3 and 4. First couple dance down between third couple and dance up around them to finish with first couple up between second couple. (Ready for a tandem reel across the dance.)
9-16 First couple dancing in tandem with first lady leading, dance a reel of three across the dance with second couple. *
17-24 First couple, dance up between second couple and cast off to second place First couple turn with the right hand.
First couple repeat from second place.
- (First couple pass second lady with the right shoulder and turn by the right, first couple with first man leading will pass second man with a right shoulder, first couple will pass second lady with a left shoulder and turn by the left, first couple with first lady leading will pass second man with a left shoulder to finish between second couple.)
|Teviot Bridge||Kenny Thomson and the Wardlaw Scottish Dance Band||A Scottish Celebration||CD||7||J24 8||3:23||33.8||Teviot Brig/The Wee Sergeant/The Church of Dromore/The Haymakers|
|Teviot Bridge||Kenny Thomson and the Wardlaw Scottish Dance Band||Book 5. Music for Twelve Traditional Dances||CD+||3||J24 8||3:23||33.8||Teviot Brig/The Wee Sergeant/The Church of Dromore/The Haymakers|
Orca 3/4L · J24
- 1s turn RH & cast 1 place, dance down between 3s & cast up 1 place into centre facing up
- 1s (Lady Leading) dance an Alternating Tandem reel of 3 with 2s (RSh to 2L to start)
- 1s dance up between 2s, cast to 2nd place & turn RH.