Dance Bliadhna Mhath Ur 572
Also known as “A Happy New Year” (translation).
Jig · 48 bars · 4 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 2341)
- Devised by
- John W Mitchell
- 8888/8888/4444/8888/4444/8444 = 77% (whole dance)
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change
- Published in
- Whetherly Book 1 
- Online Sources
- Extra info
- The name means "A Happy ...
The name means "A Happy New Year"
As an alternative to crossing on the first bar, a second chord may be played to permit first and third couples to cross and commence by dancing in and down, this variation being more in accordance with modern practice.
Bliadhna Mhath Ur 4/4L · J48
- Mirror Reels4 on sides, 2c & 4c up and out, 1c & 3c crossing down to opposite sides (1x,2,3x,4)
- 1c+2c & 3c+4c ½ R&L (to 2x,1,4x,3) ; ½ La-Chain up/down, finishing all W on sides, all M on midline into Reel4 position (2M,1M,4M,3M)
- Reel4 (1W,1M,3W,3M on Mside, 2M,2W,4M,4W on Wside)
- 1c+2c & 3c+4c ½ R&L (to 2W,2M,4W,4M on Mside, 1M,1W,3M,3W on Wside) ; ½ La-Chain up/down, finishing all M on sides, all W on midline into Reel4 position (1W,2W,3W,4W)
- Reel4 (1x,2,3x,4)
- 1c+2c ½ RHA | 1c+3c ½ LHA ; 1c+4c ½ RHA ; all set (2x,3,4x,1).
The dance starts again without crossing on [1-2]
|New year||George Hobson||Dec. 30, 2021, 1:31 p.m.|
|Oldenburg Hogmanay||2021-12-31||Martin McWilliam||March 22, 2022, 10:09 a.m.|