Dance The Swing of the Kilt 6424
Reel · 32 bars · 4 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 2341)
- Devised by
- Harry C Ways (1966)
- 8880/8800/12 12 12 0/4000 = 83% (1 turn), 62% (whole dance)
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change
- Published in
- Online Sources
- Recommended Music
The Swing of the Kilt 4/4L · R32
- 1c+2c+3c mirror Reels3 on the sides, 1c cross down to start (join hands with P when possible), on [7-8] 2c+1c finish on the midline NHJ, 1c in top place facing M side, 2c below them facing the W side.
- 1c+2c »Poussette with NHJ«: out on , ¼ turn | 1c down & 2c up on , ¼ turn ; into the middle on , W set on the spot while the M dance ½ turn to face P BHJ | 1c ½ turn and open out to face own sides while 2c falls back.
- 2c+1c+3c »Revolving DTr«: All set | All Petronella turn cclw one place in their triangle ; repeat twice, but the 3rd time 1c set adv towards P for
- 1c turn RH | cast to 4pl (3c+4c up).
Note: On  &  the M dances slightly backwards to make a sharp ¼ turn