Dance William's Strathspey 7164
Strathspey · 40 bars · 4 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 2341)
- Devised by
- John Wood (2002)
- 8000/8440/8000/8484/8008 = 45% (whole dance)
- Strathspey setting, Strathspey travel
- Published in
- Online Sources
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- The dedication reads "Devised for ...
The dedication reads "Devised for Bill Thorpe for his help as chairman of the Caledonia Group of S.C.D. Dartmouth, N.S."
SCDDB gives the preferred tune as Sundrum Castle, but a copy of the instructions mentions the recording The New Scotland Strathspey which does not include that tune.
|The New Scotland Strathspey||Andrew Rankine and his Band||London Highland Club Diamond Jubilee||LP+||4||S40 4||4:56||59.2||The New Scotland Strathspey/Captain E.G. Elder, Black Watch/Cathkin Braes|
William's Strathspey 4/4L · S40
- 1s turn RH, cast (2s step up); 1s turn 1.1/2 LH to face 1st corners
- 1s set to & turn 1st corners 2H; set to & turn 2nd corners 2H to end in 2nd place opp sides facing 1st corner
- 1s dance Fig 8 round 1st & 2nd corners (LSh to 1st corner to start)
- 1s+3s set, 1s cross down to 3rd place own side while 3s cast up to 2nd place; 2s+3s also 1s+4s dance RH across
- 1s+4s dance the Knot. 2 3 4 1
|Oldenburg 2019-01-21||2019-01-21||Sir Toby||Jan. 22, 2019, 8:15 a.m.|