Dance Elspeth Pyper of St John's 7389
Strathspey · 32 bars · 4 couples · Square (Progression: ChangePtnr)
- Devised by
- Frances Dryburgh (1996)
- 8888/4444/4444/8888 = 75% (whole dance)
- Strathspey setting, Strathspey travel
- Extra info
- Dedicated to Elspeth Pyper, who ...
Dedicated to Elspeth Pyper, who started the St John’s Scottish Country Dance Group in Toorak, Melbourne in 1966 (and taught there for 47 years). The dance was devised for the St John’s Scottish Country Dance Group 30th Anniversary Ball held in 1996 at Fitzroy Town Hall.
|Saint Margaret, Queen of Scotland||D McKerron / P Clark / A Evans / W Weatherby||Dancing Forth Too||CD||4||S32 4||4:39||69.8||Miss Susan Inglis/Happy Hilton Days/Heart of Home|
Elspeth Pyper of St John's 4S · S32
- All Circle8 and back
- 1c+3c in promhold dance round each other Rsh, to places ; 2c+4c repeat
- All W RHA ; All M LHA and face P
- All set | All turn P BH into 1c facing 4c and 2c facing 3c diagonally (W on R of M) ; 1c+4c & 2c+3c ½ La-Chain
All W have progressed, 1W+3W clw; 2W+4W cclw. 1W and her P (in 4pl) are new 1st couple