Dance Craigmin Brig 7575
Jig · 40 bars · 4 couples (3x,4x) · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 2413)
- Devised by
- Bill Forbes
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change
- Published in
- Extra info
- Devised for Sandy Sandison, a ...
Devised for Sandy Sandison, a Buckie man like myself.
Craigmin Brig, built in the early 1770's, is a wildly picturesque, two-storeyed, wavy parapeted practical folly, which stands at the entrance to Letterfourie House outside Buckie.
Craigmin Brig 4/4L · J40
3s & 4s start on opp sides
- 1s & 4s cross RH & cast in 1 place (2s & 3s step down/up); 2s+1s & 4s+3s dance RH across 1s & 4s end in centre - 1s facing down & 4s up
- 1s cast up as 4s cast down round nearest corner to end 1s between 2s facing down, 4s between 3s facing up
- All set in lines across, 1s+4s Adv, 1M+4L & 4M+1L pass RSh into line across, Ladies BtoB in centre (1L facing 4M, 4L facing 1M)
- 1s+4s dance RSh reel of 4 across
- 1M+4L & 4M+1L turn 3/4 RH, retain hands & join LH with 2s & 3s to Bal-in-Line on sides. 2(1) 4 (3)
- 1M+4L & 4M+1L turn 1.1/2 RH on sides. 2 4 (1) (3)
- All dance RSh reel of 4 on sides. 2 4 (1) (3)