Dance Horton's Fancy 7576
Also known as “The Bride's Reel”.
Reel · 48 bars · 4 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 2413)
- Devised by
- Bill Forbes
- Arches (ARCHES)
- Hands round - 4 (HR;4P;)
- Reel of four - diagonal (REEL;DIAG;R4;)
- Hands across - 4 - half (HX;4P;HALF;)
- Balance in Line (BALNCE)
- Reel of four - on side (REEL;R4;SIDES;)
- Figure of Eight - half (FIG8;1C;HALF;)
- Note: Due to limitations in the underlying data, the relative order of formations in this list may be different from the order of formations in the actual dance.
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change, Slip-Step
- Published in
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- Devised for David and Cally ...
Devised for David and Cally Horton on the occasion of their marriage.
Horton's Fancy 4/4L · R48
- All set, 1s & 4s cross RH & cast in 1 place, 1L+4L also 1M+4M turn LH on sides
- All dance RSh reels of 4 on sides, 1L+4L & 1M+4M end by turning LH to join with corners RH
- All Bal-in-Line on sides, 1s & 4s 1/2 turn corners RH & Bal-in-Line again, 1s & 4s 1/2 turn corners RH
- 1s+4s dance LH across 1/2 way as 2s & 3s set
- All dance intersecting diagonal reels of 4 giving RSh in corner & LH in centre
- 1s+4s circle 4H round to left, end with 4s (facing up to 1s) making an arch
- 4s dance up & turn corners RH as 1s dance down to turn corners RH onto side lines, 4s & 1s dance 1/2 Figs of 8 to end 2 4 1 3