Dance Miss Frown's Reel 8065
Reel · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- Shengzhang Tang (1993)
- 880/800/844/888 = 38% (whole dance)
- Set in line in twos (SETLIN;2P;)
- Hands round - 6 - and back (HR;6P;BACK;)
- Hands across - 4 - left (HX;4P;L;)
- Hands across - 4 - right (HX;4P;R;)
- Note: Due to limitations in the underlying data, the relative order of formations in this list may be different from the order of formations in the actual dance.
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change, Slip-Step
- Published in
- Let's All Dance Too 
- Extra info
- This is a modified version ...
This is a modified version of "Miss Nancy Frowns" in reel time to practice pas de basque for a University of Alabama Birmingham Special Studies Class in September 1993.
I have also taught the dance with 1st and 3rd couples dancing the hands across and back (not switching to 2nd couple for the left hands across). That works fine, too.
|Lady Susan Stewart's Reel||Fiddlesticks & Ivory||Ghillies on the Golden Gate||CD+||3||R32 8||4:42||35.2||Lady Susan Stewart's Reel/Tommy's Tarbukas/Con Cassidy's Drowsy Maggie/J.B. Reel|
Miss Frown's Reel 3/4L · R32
- 1c+2c set twice ; 1c & 2c set twice up/down (1,2,3)
- 1c dance down | cast up round 3c ; meet and dance up to top | cast off to 2pl (2c up (2,1,3)
- 1c+3c RHA ; 2c+1c LHA
- Circle6 and back