Dance Deanstone House 8449
Strathspey · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- Barry Skelton (1996)
- 800/888/800/880 = 44% (whole dance)
- Hands across - 3 (HX;3P;)
- Rights and Lefts (R&L)
- Strathspey travel
- Published in
- Extra info
- It seems the instructions for ...
It seems the instructions for bars 5-8 of this dance were updated or corrected at some point.
One version has:
1-8: First couple cross with the right hand and cast off one place. (Second couple step up on bars 3 & 4). First couple turn each other 1 1/2 times with the right hand.
Another, perhaps the corrected version, has:
1-8: First couple cross with the right hand and cast off one place. (Second couple step up on bars 3 & 4). First couple turn each other 1 3/4 times with the left hand.
Deanstone House 3/4L · S32
- 1c cross RH | cast off (2c up) ; turn P LH 1¾ to 2pl (2,1,3)
- 2c+1W & 1M+3c RHA ; LHA (2,1,3)
- 1c cast off | turn P RH ½ ; lead up to top | cross and cast to 2pl (2,1,3)
- 2c+1c R&L (2,1,3)