Dance Manchester Medley 8714
Also known as “Other Manchester Medley, T'” (unofficial).
Medley · 64 bars (S32+J32) · 4 couples · Square (Progression: ChangePtnr)
- Devised by
- Jim Rae (1993)
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change, Slip-Step, Strathspey travel
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- Dedicated to the Manchester Branch ...
Dedicated to the Manchester Branch.
The original description is named "Manchester Medley". SCDDB also has a (S64+R64) medley called "A Manchester Medley", by an unknown deviser. It is quite possible that to distinguish the two medleys this dance was nicknamed "T' Other Manchester Medley"; it was originally entered in SCDDB under that name. That name has now been added as an alias.
Manchester Medley 4S · M64
- All dance interlocking reels of 4 round the set
- Men dance LH across 1/2 way, into centre & turn loop left to dance out opp place, Ladies repeat with 1/2 RH across & loop right to opp pl
- 3s+1s lead into centre, lead out (with opp partner) between side couples, cross & dance to meet partner & turn RH to orig places
- 2s+4s repeat but turn partner RH 1.1/2 times
- Men dance behind partner & next Lady, dance in to end BtoB facing the Lady just passed, all set & 1/2 turn RH
- All dance double reels of 4 (Ladies giving LH in centre to start)
- Ladies dance LH across once round & all turn RH 1.1/4 times to sides (Men now in new places with new partner)
- All circle 8H round & back
Repeat three times to return to original places