Dance Dochroyle 8770
Jig · 32 bars · 2 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 21)
- Devised by
- Ian Simmonds (1998)
- 44/44/88/88 = 52% (whole dance)
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change
- Note: This list may be incomplete and/or incorrect.
- Published in
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- Dochroyle was the name of ...
Dochroyle was the name of the family farm of the deviser's wife's Great Grandparents situated near Newton Stewart, Galloway. On emigrating to New Zealand her Grandfather settled on a farm in Taihape and gave it the same name.
Dochroyle 2/4L · J32
- 1L casts off below 2L while 2M casts up round 1M. 1L, 2M turn RH 1½ to return to place.
- 1M casts off below 2M while 2L casts up round 1L. 1M, 2L turn LH 1¼ to face partner on the sides (men facing up, ladies facing down).
- 1C, 2C change places with a modified poussette movement: 1C progress up the side, 2C progress down the side ¼ turn progress across the set ¼ turn progress up or down ¼ turn into the centre ¼ turn to fnish in a line in the centre of the set (men facing up, ladies facing down)
- 2C, 1C dance a reel of 4. All dance out to own sides on bars 31–32, 1M following 2M from the bottom of the reel and 2L following 1L from the top of the reel.
Dochroyle 2/4L · J32
- 1L casts down while 2M casts up & 1L+2M turn 1.1/2 RH back to place
- 1M casts down while 2L casts up & 1M+2L turn 1.1/4 LH to end on opp sides facing partner (Men face up, Ladies face down)
- Modified Poussette:
- 1s move up Ladies'side as 2s move down Men's side, 1/4 turn to across set, 1s move to M's side as 2s move to L's side, 1/4 turn
- 2s move up L's side as 1s move down M's side, 1/4 turn, couples move to centre & 1/4 turn to line up/down centre. 2L 2M 1L 1M
- 2s+1s dance RSh reel of 4, Bars 31-32: all dance to own side, 1M follows 2M (from bottom), 2L follows 1L from top. End 2 1
|Edinburgh Branch workshop 2||2018-03-21||Atsuko Clement||March 18, 2018, 1:03 a.m.|
|Cambridge Joint Class - Summer - Tuesday 6 June 2017||2017-06-06||Jacqui Brocker||June 1, 2017, 1:07 p.m.|