Dance The Hill House of Helensburgh 8917
Strathspey · 32 bars · 2 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 21)
- Devised by
- Ann Campbell (1993)
- 88/66/66/88 = 60% (whole dance)
- Strathspey setting, Strathspey travel
- Published in
- Extra info
- Devised the day after "Birl ...
Devised the day after "Birl for Bob Campbell".
The Hill House, in Helensburgh, Scotland, was designed by Charles Rennie MacIntosh. It is now owned by the National Trust for Scotland, and has more visitors than any other Trust property.
|A Set of Strathspeys||Neil Barron and his Scottish Dance Band||Music for Scottish Dancing||CD+||9||S32 8||8:27||63.4||Major Thomas of Cairnleith/The Weavers of Newley/Margaret's Fancy/The Bobby Harvey Strathspey/Francis Sitwell's Strathspey/John Stephen of Chance Inn/Miss Hutton|
The Hill House of Helensburgh 2/4L · S32
- 1c+2c R&L (1,2)
- 1W+2M petronella to midline | set, advancing on 2nd step to face P across ; All turn P RH ¾, finishing in the square, all 1 place cclw from (1,2), and facing across [1c on M side, 2c on W side, both W above M]
- 2W+1M petronella to midline | set, advancing on 2nd step to face across M to M and W to W ; All turn opposite RH ¾, finishing (2x,1x)
- All set | Cross RH ; 2c+1c LHA (2,1)