Dance Brodick Castle Gardens 9077
Medley · 64 bars (S32+J32) · 4 couples · Square
- Devised by
- Eric Finley
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change, Strathspey setting, Strathspey travel
- Published in
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- Each repetition of the dance ...
Each repetition of the dance ends with everyone in their partner's original place.
NB the instructions for this dance in the original publication omit any mention of bars 23-24. So you need to use your imagination after setting on bars 21-22.
Brodick Castle Gardens 4S · M64
- All set, 1s & 3s cast to 2nd/4th places while 2s & 4s dance in & turn to face out to 1s/3s, all dance 1/2 reels of 4 across ending with 2s & 4s in centre facing opposite sides while 1s & 3s loop round to face anticlockwise
- 2s & 4s set, dance out to opposite sides while 1s & 3s dance to each others places, 1s+3s dance LH across while 2s & 4s chase anticlockwise to opposite side (all Ladies on left of Men)
- 3s & 1s dance anticlockwise to partners place while 2s+4s dance LH across, all set to partners
- 2s+4s in prom hold dance reels of 3 up/down set with corners (2s give RSh to 1L, 4s to 3L to start) All on wrong side of partner
Repeat in jig time but with 2s & 4s casting to start & all end in original places