Dance Jack's the Lad 9127
Also known as “The Nonagenarian”.
Strathspey · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 3 (Progression: 231)
- Devised by
- Roy Goldring (1998)
- 844/844/822/868 = 69% (whole dance)
- Strathspey setting, Strathspey travel
- Published in
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- For Jack Brown's ninetieth ...
For Jack Brown's ninetieth birthday.
|The Sands of Forvie||Muriel Johnstone's Band||Vintage Goldring||CD||2||S32 3||3:27||69.0||The Minister o' Birse/J Scott Skinner/Lochgilphead|
Jack's the Lad 3/3L · S32
- 1s cast 1 place (4 bars) & dance RH across (Lady with 2s & Man with 3s)
- 1M casts up & dances down as 1L casts down below 3s & dances up, 1s dance LH across (1L with 2M+3M & 1M with 2L+3L) & face 1st crnrs
- 1s set to 1st corners, set to 2nd corners ending Man between 2s facing down & Lady between 3s facing up, 1s set & change places RH
- 1s dance RSh reels of 3 across (Lady with 2s & Man with 3s) & 1s end crossing down to 3rd places (3s up)