Dance The Three-Legged Cat 9151
Jig · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- Margaret L Bailey (1991)
- 800/480/888/800 = 41% (whole dance)
- Published in
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- Dedicated to Tripod, a tortoiseshell ...
Dedicated to Tripod, a tortoiseshell and white female cat, who lost her front right leg in a motor vehicle accident. Hence, first woman does not use her right hand.
Just a note for anyone planning to do this dance in future: After the advance and retire, the first couple should be not so much simply dancing around each other as dancing a close 'gypsy turn'. The deviser writes: "The first couple are dancing the interactions between Tripod and Pinky, so dancing around is up close and glaring!" So just think of warring cats!
|Jigs||Duncan Smith & Susan Worland||Dancin' Music||MC||5||J32 8||0:00||0.0||The Berwickshire Volunteers/Captain William MacLeod's Fancy/The Marchioness of Huntly's Jig/The Marchioness of Huntly's Favourite Jig/Miss Catherine Stewart, Pettyvaich|
The Three-Legged Cat 3/4L · J32
- 1c A&R ; dance (gypsy) round P Rsh to place
- 1W+2c LHA, finishing 2c on W side and 1W in 2M place ; 1W with first 2W then 2M following cast clw round the top to 2W place, 2c finishing in 1pl (1M down on[15-16]) (2,1,3)
- Reels3 on the sides, 1c Lsh to 3c, 1M finish facing out (2,1,3)
- 1M+1W following casts behind 3M, dance up the middle and reach top together, cast off to 2pl. (2,1,3)
The Three-Legged Cat 3/4L · J32
- First couple advance for two steps and retire for two steps.
- First couple dance around each other by right shoulders.
- First woman with second couple dances left hands across once round and one more place to finish in second man's place, second woman in first woman's place and second man in his partner's place.
- First woman, followed by second woman and second man, casts up round first man. First woman dances across the set above first couple's place and behind first woman's place to finish facing down in second woman's place, second woman dances across the set to finish facing out in first woman's place, and second man finishes facing in, in first man's place. First man steps down on bars 15-16 and faces down.
- Second, first and third couples dance reels of three on the sides. First and third couples pass by left shoulder to begin. First couple finish in second place, first man facing out.
- First man followed by first woman dances down around third man and up the centre between third and second couples, first woman drawing level with first man on own sides at the end of bar 30. First couple cast off into second place on own sides.
[original text as published on YouTube on 28 Sep 2015]
|Budapest Local Club 30.05.2019||2019-05-30||Zoltán Gräff||June 4, 2019, 2:20 p.m.|
|Headington 26 April||2018-04-26||Sandra McLevy||May 10, 2018, 1:37 p.m.|
|Abingdon 14 May 2018||2018-05-14||Sandra McLevy||May 14, 2018, 7:19 p.m.|
|Abingdon 30 April 2018||2018-04-30||Sandra McLevy||May 14, 2018, 7:18 p.m.|
|Budapest Local Club 22.09.2020.||2020-09-22||Márta Gera-Lilik||Sept. 22, 2020, 9:58 p.m.|
|Abingdon 19 March 2018||2018-03-19||Sandra McLevy||March 20, 2018, 12:07 a.m.|
|Abingdon Summer Dance||2018-06-16||Angela Lawrence||April 23, 2018, 4:22 p.m.|
|Scotia 2 November 2015||2015-11-02||Deborah Leary||Oct. 31, 2015, 10 p.m.|