Dance The Old Girls 9153
Strathspey · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- Margaret L Bailey (1990)
- 888/880/888/888 = 69% (whole dance)
- Strathspey travel
- Published in
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- Dedicated to all Wanganui Girls ...
Dedicated to all Wanganui Girls' College Old Girls on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the College celebrated in 1991. The dance was performed by eight Old Girls on Saturday 30 March 1991 at the "Nog 'n' Natter" held in the College Hall.
The formations in the dance depict aspects of the badge of the Wanganui Girls' College Old Girls Association. The deviser wishes to acknowledge the use of the three couple half diagonal rights and lefts devised by Ian Barbour.
|Jimmy's Fancy||Fiddlers Three Plus Two||Scottish Dance Favourites Volume 1||CD||6||S32 8||8:16||62.0||Lord Seaforth/Mrs Chree/Miss Betsy Robertson/Belladrum House|
|Jimmy's Fancy||Fiddlers Three Plus Two||Book 14/15. Music for Scottish Country Dances (1)||LP+||2||S32 8||8:16||62.0||Lord Seaforth/Mrs Chree/Miss Betsy Robertson/Belladrum House|
The Old Girls 3/4L · S32
- Circle6 and back (1,2,3)
- 1c+2c The Knot, 1c finish in centre, LSh to P facing opposite sides (2,1,3)
- 1M+3c & 1W+2c RHA, 1c pass RSh ; 1M+2c & 1W+3c LHA, 2W & 3M face out (2,1,3)
- 2c+1c+3c »modified diagonal R&L« [same as diagonal R&L (1M down, 1W up) except that on [25-28] cnrs on 2diag chase clw ½ ; on [29-32] cnrs on 1diag chase cclw ½] (2,1,3)