Dance Cairn Edward 916
Jig · 24 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- Hugh Foss
- 633 633 12 3 3 = 58% (1 turn), 44% (whole dance)
- Skip-Change, Slip-Step
- Published in
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- Music is in 6 bar ...
Music is in 6 bar phrases
|Cairn Edward||David South and his Scottish Dance Band||Kardinia Capers||CD+||8||J24 8||3:38||36.3||Cairn Edward/Laurieston/Glentrool/Dundeugh|
|Cairn Edward||Peter White and his Scottish Dance Band||Dances from the Galloway Album||LP||5||J24 8||3:26||34.3||Cairn Edward|
Cairn Edward 3/4L · J24
Music in 3+3-bar sections. One Sk-ch step per bar, i.e. start even-numbered 3-bar sections with L foot.
- 1c cast off (2c up)  ; 1M+3c & 1W+2c circle3 L
- 1M+3c & 1W+2c circle3 R ; 1c cast L and dance Lsh round 4cnr to face 1cnr
- Turn CPCP (3 steps per turn)
Cairn Edward 3/4L · J24
- 1s cast 1 place & circle 3H round to left (1L with 2s & 1M with 3s)
- 1s circle 3H round to right (with same couple) & turning left about dance out own sides casting left to face 1st corners
- 1s turn 1st corners RH, turn partner LH & face 2nd corners
- 1s turn 2nd corners RH & cross LH to 2nd place own side
|CGB Weekend Oberlethe: Advanced Class||2018-09-01||Anselm Lingnau||Sept. 4, 2018, 12:19 a.m.|
|CGB Course AGM Oberlethe 2018: Paul Plummer||2018-09-02||Verena Ebling||Sept. 4, 2018, 3:07 p.m.|
|NY Branch virtual lesson May 28 2020 - IMAGINE!||2020-05-28||Sue Ronald||May 29, 2020, 12:47 p.m.|
|Ceilidh Club General Class 19/04/2021||2021-04-19||Xiaowen Yu||April 19, 2021, 12:05 p.m.|
|PW 2019 Howard Lasnik||Charles Liu||May 14, 2019, 3:01 a.m.|
|8.SCD-Weekend Chemnitz Social||2018-11-17||SCD Chemnitz||Sept. 16, 2018, 8:45 p.m.|
|BSTK Summer School 2021.08.14.||2021-08-14||Zsolt Molnar||Aug. 7, 2021, 4:56 p.m.|
|Chiswick ~ 161002 Social Dance||2016-10-02||James Wilson||Oct. 8, 2016, 5:14 p.m.|
|Dances Taught at Pinewoods 2022||Lydia Hedge||July 29, 2022, 1:43 a.m.|
Rate this Dance
Sign in to rate this dance!
Fun for advanced dancers
Anselm Lingnau · Feb. 19, 2017, 10:49 p.m.
This dance is good to teach to people who believe they've seen everything. One fun aspect is that every other three-bar phrase starts on the left foot, which works out reasonably well. Also, the turn-corners-and-partner bit is more relaxed than usual because there are three bars per hand rather than two.
Sign in to review this dance!