Dance Kindred Spirits 9261
Reel · 32 bars · 4 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 2341)
- Devised by
- Marie Boehmer
- 7300/8363/7003/8888 = 56% (whole dance)
- Hands across - 3 (HX;3P;)
- Note: This list may be incomplete and/or incorrect.
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change
- Published in
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- When the deviser, who lived ...
When the deviser, who lived in Canada, first met Masako (Marchan) Okada Naitoh from Japan after a long correspondence, they noticed they were wearing very similar caftans. "We were surprised and delighted that we shared similar tastes and acknowledged that, even thought we live so far apart, we could indeed be kindred spirits."
|Kindred Spirits||Fred Moyes||To Be A Wind||CD||9||R32 4||2:21||35.2||Gathering Bluebells/Miss Campbell/The Rakes of Mallow|
Kindred Spirits 4/4L · R32
- 1M casts off one place and dances into the middle between 1st and 2nd place (2M steps up 1-2), 1M sets to 1L+2L (who join hands & set)
- 1M+1L+2L dance RH across. 1M ends in 2nd place own side facing out & 1L in 1st place own side facing out
- 1L+1M cast one place and dance into the middle (2L steps up 9-10), 1L sets to 2M+3M while 1M set to 3L+4L
- 1L+2M+3M also 1M+3L+4L RH across. 1L ends in 2nd place own side facing out. 1M ends in 3rd place own side.
- 1L casts down one place and into the middle to face 1M+4M (3rd/4th place), 1L sets to 1M+4M
- 1L+1M+4M dance RH across. 1L ends in 3rd place own side. 2 3 1 4
- All 4 couples turn partner RH, 2s face 3s, 1s face 4s on sides; 2s+3s turn LH and 1s+4s slow turn LH 1/2 way to change places. End 2 3 4 1