Dance Video Beyond the Black Stump (Video 2)
- Beyond the Black Stump (J40, Sheila Gradon: Beyond The Black Stump - 16 SCD for Children)
- Added by
- Zoltán Gräff (Oct. 6, 2013, 12:36 a.m.) – Source: YouTube
- Quality (of the dancing)
- Reasonable (What does this mean?)
Scottish Dance House for beginners, Budapest, 2013
One mistake: on bar 13-16 the Women should dance Left Shoulder round the Man and out, not dance backwards :-(
Back to the videos for this dance
Beyond the Black Stump 1RR · J40
Original Text (available online from Scottish Dance Archives)
The dancers stand in a single circle, boys with their partners on their right.
- 1 - 8
- Circle round and back.
- 9 -16
- Boys advance towards centre with two small skip change of step and join hands to make arches. Girls stand for two bars, dance under partner's right arch, round in front of him under the left arch and out to place. Boys turn round to face partners on bar 16.
- Back to back with partners, turn right hands to finish facing anticlockwise, hands crossed ready for:
- Promenade with an allemande hold. On bar 32 the boy turns his partner under his arm to face him ready for:
- Grand Chain. Taking two steps to each person and counting partner as No.1, pass 4 people. The 5th person (to whom they do not give hands) is the new partner.