Dance Video The Mayflower (Video 1)
- The Mayflower (R32, Pat Kent: Dancing Through Nova Scotia)
- Added by
- Eric Ferguson (Oct. 14, 2013, 9:28 p.m.) – Source: YouTube
- Quality (of the dancing)
- Good (What does this mean?)
Five couples Round the Room. Twice through. Contrary to the instructions, the cross [7-8] is danced LH.
For this demo, the dance has been modified by keeping the couples together. In the original instructions, the Men stop the final promenade on bar 28, and the Women dance on, past one man and join the next as their new partner, to continue.
The dance ending of the second time through has also been modified, the dancers moving into the longwise set for the next demo.
The information for this dance has been derived from the video taken at Birmingham, Scottish dancing at Friday Folk New Year's Eve Party 2012. See http://youtu.be/S_6xmqAc9RE, from 2:20 to 3.20
Back to the videos for this dance
The Mayflower 1RR · R32
Couples stand in a double circle RR, M inside, facing P
- Set to P | change places RH ; repeat
- W fig8 Rsh to next M to her R and Lsh to P, finish in place
- M fig8 Lsh to next W on his L and Rsh to P, finish in place
- In promhold dance clw ; the M stand as the W dance on, past one M and join the second as new P