Dance Video Military Two Step (Video 1)
- Military Two Step (X16, James Finnigan: A Guide to Scottish Country Dancing (ex-Collins))
- Added by
- Truus de Ceuster (May 5, 2014, 9:22 p.m.) – Source: Vimeo
- Quality (of the dancing)
- Good (What does this mean?)
Educational video to help everyone to take the floor and participate in the commonwealth ceilidh on the 21st June 2014
Back to the videos for this dance
Military Two Step 1RR · X16
Couples round the room facing anticlockwise, ladies on the men's right. Start with ladies' left hands on men's right shoulders, men's right arms loosely around ladies' waists.
- Bouncing on the inner foot, touch heel then toe of outer foot to the ground twice.
- Walk forward for three steps then turn towards partner to face in the opposite direction.
- Repeat in the opposite direction, finishing facing partner.
- With both hands joined, jump onto both feet, then kick right foot across left; jump onto both feet again, then kick left foot across right.
- The man raises his right hand (and the lady's left), dropping the other hand, and the lady turns once under the raised hands.
- Polka around the room, finish ready to start again.
(No diagram available.)