Dance Video Postie's Jig (Video 11)
There seems to be a problem with video playback in your browser.
- Postie's Jig (J32, Roy Clowes: Thirty Popular Dances, Volume Two)
- Added by
- Truus de Ceuster (May 5, 2014, 9:24 p.m.) – Source: Vimeo
- Quality (of the dancing)
- Good (What does this mean?)
Educational video to help everyone to take the floor and participate in the commonwealth ceilidh on the 21st June 2014
Back to the videos for this dance
Postie's Jig 4/4L · J32
- 1c+4c set, cast to middle positions (2c+3c step to end) ; 1c&4c ½ Fig8 round end C (2,1x,4x,3)
- 1M+4M and 1W+4W cross NHJ, (W under men's arch), turn cnr ¾ with 'free' hand ; 1c facing 4c change places NHJ (arch going up), turn cnr as before
- Repeat (Men's arch ; arch going up)
- 1c+4c ½ R&L ; turn P RH
Note that both times the couple moving UP makes the arch.