Dance Video Mary Stewart Strathspey (Video 1)
- Mary Stewart Strathspey (S32, Mary Shoolbraid Brandon / Stewart Smith: 25th Anniversary 1966-1991 [Los Angeles])
- Added by
- Martina Mueller-Franz (Feb. 17, 2015, 10:25 p.m.) – Source: YouTube
- Quality (of the dancing)
- Reasonable (What does this mean?)
Marjorie McLaughlin writes: There are three mistakes in the video and, as they are done the same way by all of the dancers, I assume it was taught incorrectly, as opposed to a mistake by a single couple.
Bars 1 - 2 the ladies dance a Petronella turn to face partners on a diagonal line. In the video the gentlemen are moving slightly right and left to form a straight line, which is incorrect.
Bars 5-8 the turns are Right Hand turns, not two-hand turns as shown in the video.
Bars 29-32 both couples turn partner Right Hands to face ready for the next repetition, not two-hand turns as shown in the video.
Back to the videos for this dance
Mary Stewart Strathspey 2RR · S32
- Ladies petronella turn into centre to face partner & set & turn RH back to places
- Dance 'R&L' using 2H (rotate clockwise each time)
- Inner dancers dance out between partners (who dance in & follow them) & cast away from each other to form large circle
- All advance 2 steps & retire
- Each set dances 1/2 RSh reel of 4 & turn partner RH to face next couple
(No diagram available.)