Dance Video The Spring Fling Reel (Video 3)
- The Spring Fling Reel (R40, Samantha Burton: RSCDS 50 1)
- Added by
- Keith Rose (Oct. 7, 2016, 4:05 p.m.) – Source: YouTube
- Quality (of the dancing)
- Good (What does this mean?)
Filmed during Summer School 2016 for the RSCDS by Red Barn Studios.
Note that this video shows 2nd corners, on bar 32, dancing directly from the half diagonal reel of four into the left hands across. This is not in the instructions but was unilaterally added by the Summer School teachers. In fact, the deviser's original intention was for 2nd corners to finish the half reel of four and then pivot right about in place to be ready for the left hands across (as seen in the video from the 2015 Spring Fling).
Back to the videos for this dance
The Spring Fling Reel 3/4L · R40
- 1c turn RH | cast off (2c up) ; cross RH and cast R into lines across (1W+2c face 1M+3c)
- All A&R up/down , Circle ½ L into lines across
- All A&R up/down ; 1c turn RH 1¼ to face 1cnr
- 1c+1cnrs ½ diag Reel4 1c pass Rsh ; repeat with 2cnrs, finish 1M below 1W
- 2c+1W & 1M+3c LHA ; 2c+3c turn LH as 1c turn RH 1½ (2,1,3)