Dance Video Makin' The Tartan (Video 1)
- Makin' The Tartan (S40, Geraldine Ferguson)
- Added by
- Murrough Landon (Sept. 4, 2017, 11:41 a.m.) – Source: YouTube
- Quality (of the dancing)
- Reasonable (What does this mean?)
Once through excerpt from a demonstration medley with two sets joined at 1st couple.
There are two modifications to the dance: (1) on bars 1-2 the two 1st couples join hands to set together instead of singly; (2) on bars 33-36 the 2nd and 3rd couples continue to set advancing through the other set instead of finishing at the top of their own set.
Back to the videos for this dance
Makin' The Tartan 4/4L · S40
- 1s set, full turn RH & 1s+2s dance RH across once round
- 1s+3s dance double Fig of 8 round 2s (1s down to begin)
- 1s followed by 2s+3s+4s dance down the middle & back (with 2s+3s+4s separating), 1s end at top facing down & other couples facing up
- All set (1s progressing down to bottom passing each couple LSh), all turn 2H
- 2s+3s also 4s+1s dance R&L