Dance Video The Elephant's Stampede (Video 2)
There seems to be a problem with video playback in your browser.
- The Elephant's Stampede (J48, Lorna Macdonald & Gillian Mackintosh: Aurora 10th Anniversary Book of SCD)
- Added by
- Andrew Locke (May 22, 2018, 7:46 p.m.) – Source: YouTube
- Quality (of the dancing)
- Reasonable (What does this mean?)
According to the original instructions, only the Women set on bars 27-28 and 31-32. However, a variant description exists that says "All Set". That is the version used in this video.
Back to the videos for this dance
The Elephant's Stampede 4S · J48
- All circle8 and back
- 1c+3c advance NHJ | take corner with free hand and retire into longwise set across ; ½Reels4 on sides
- ½ R&L at each end (start across) ; both pairs of dancers at the ends and both middle pairs of the sidelines turn RH 1½ to form a square set, (ends to 2pl/4pl, middles to 1pl/3pl)
- All W petronella to next W place cclw | all W set ; repeat, finishing next to P, and face out on last step (2,3,4,1)
- Schiehallion reels (to 2,3,4,1)