Dance Video Lomond Waltz (Video 2)
There seems to be a problem with video playback in your browser.
- Lomond Waltz (W32, Botham: A Guide to Scottish Country Dancing (ex-Collins))
- Added by
- Murrough Landon (Sept. 6, 2019, 11:04 p.m.) – Source: YouTube
- Quality (of the dancing)
- Reasonable (What does this mean?)
Fairly clear, though some dancers are doing variations.
Back to the videos for this dance
Lomond Waltz 1RR · W32
- Each couple in waltz hold dance a small square in their own space as follows: Man 2 steps to the Left (Lady to the Right) ; Man 2 steps Back (Lady Forward) ; Man 2 steps Right (Lady to the Left) ; Man 2 steps Forward (Lady Back)
- Couple half turn to end back to back touching hands; half turn again to face each other and touch hands
- Couple take both hands and step in towards each other with Man stepping more to the Right so that Lady moves slightly more to his Left side
- Couple step away from each other then Man turns Lady under his Left arm to exchange places (Lady ends with her back to centre of the circle)
- Repeat bars 13-16 to end in original places (i.e. with Man's back to the centre)
- Man steps to Left (Lady to Right) , crosses Right foot (Lady Left), points Left foot (Lady Right), and closes Left foot to the Right (Lady closes Right foot to Left)
- Man and Lady repeat bars 21-24 in opposite direction
- Each couple do 2 waltz turns, or 3 if they are up to it, progressing anticlockwise as they waltz.
(No diagram available.)