Dance Video The Haggis Tree (Video 2)
There seems to be a problem with video playback in your browser.
- The Haggis Tree (S32, John Drewry: Autumn Collection 1983)
- Added by
- Murrough Landon (May 22, 2020, 6:47 p.m.) – Source: YouTube
- Quality (of the dancing)
- Reasonable (What does this mean?)
Twice in a 2 couple set.
Note that, as explained in the youtube comments, this is danced to very slow pastoral music, much slower and harder to dance to than the normal strathspey tempo.
Back to the videos for this dance
The Haggis Tree 2/4L · S32
- 1c set and cross RH ; 1c+2c set | all chase one place clw (the M casting)
- All set across | all dance »La Baratte« with new P [turn P RH ½ to full arms' length | change back sideways, W passing in front with her back to M, changing hands overhead to LH | turn LH ½ to exchanged places]
- All set | dance 1¼ RHA (to 1,2x) | 1c cast off as 2c turn RH ½ moving up (2,1)
- All set | CircleL ½; Turn P BH into | CircleL ½ (2,1)