Dance Video High Society (Video 3)
- High Society (R40, John Brenchley: RSCDS XLVI 8)
- Added by
- John Brenchley (Nov. 2, 2020, 11:31 a.m.) – Source: YouTube
- Quality (of the dancing)
- Demonstration quality (What does this mean?)
The reel from RSCDS Book 46 danced by members of the RSCDS Western Australia branch.
It should be noted that in this performance, arms are raised at the start of the allemande and not during the end of the previous right hand turn. This is the preference of both the devisor, John Brenchley and of Barbara Boyd, for whom the dance was written.
Back to the videos for this dance
High Society 4/4L · R40
On 2nd chord, 2c+4c cross (1,2x,3,4x)
- Parallel Reels4 on the sides, on  mid Cs do not pass but pivot R to face end Cs (1,3,2x,4x)
- 1c+3c & 2c+4c R&L start on sides, 3c+2c finish in middle BHJ
- 3c+2c Poussette (1,2x,3,4x)
- 2c & 3c ½ Fig8 round end C (1,2,3x,4x) ; All turn P RH and face end (1c+2c face up, 3c+4c down)
- 1c+2c & 3c+4c Interlocking Allemandes: the mid couples pass each other to finish (2,4x,1,3x)