Dance Video The Milky Way (Video 1)
There seems to be a problem with video playback in your browser.
- The Milky Way (J40, Ruary Laidlaw: The Second Canberra Book of Scottish Country Dances)
- Added by
- Murrough Landon (Jan. 3, 2021, 10:16 p.m.) – Source: YouTube
- Quality (of the dancing)
- Good (What does this mean?)
Ruary Laidlaw, Jane McIlroy and the Waikato Bay of Plenty dancers.
This clip just shows the first two repeats which both worked well.
Back to the videos for this dance
The Milky Way 4/4L · J40
- 1s & 4s cross RH & cast in (2s/3s step down/up); 1s & 4s dance 1/2 Figs 8 (1s up round 2s, 4s down round 3s)
- 1s+4s set advancing diagonally into centre, pull back RSh on 2nd setting step to face corners & set to corners
- 1s+4s chase clockwise round in centre to end 1L followed by 1M facing 2M (at top), 4M followed by 4L facing 3L at bottom
- »Progressive Wheels«:
- 17-20 1s+2M dance RH across, 1s face 3M (at bottom) while 4s+3L dance similar, 4s face 2L (at top)
- 21-24 1s+3M dance LH across, 1s face 3L (at bottom) while 4s+2L dance similar, 4s face 2M (at top)
- 25-28 1s+3L dance RH across, 1s face 2L (at top) while 4s+2M dance similar, 4s face 3M (at bottom)
- 29-32 1s+2L dance LH across, 1s end between 2s facing down 1M with 1L on left while 4s+3M dance similar to end between 3s facing up
- (Note LH across are 1/2 way round for dancing couples to enable travel to next couple)
- Lines of 4 across set, 1s+4s dance 1/2 R&L finishing on sides 2 4 1 3, & all set
(No diagram available.)