Dance The Bees They are A'Drummin' 15022
Reel · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- Amanda Peart (2013)
- Published in
- Online Sources
- Extra info
- This dance is for Chris ...
This dance is for Chris Rea to mark his 10 years’ service as Secretary, Treasurer and committee member of Peterborough & District RSCDS Branch. Chris is a keen beekeeper and one-time drummer with the Peterborough Pipe Band.
Recommended recordings: Mr Watson’s Favourite (RSCDS Book of Graded SCDs - David Cunningham & his Band) or The Mason’s Apron (Scottish Dance Vol.12 - Marian Anderson’s Scottish Dance Band)
|The Bees They Are a’Drummin’||Marian Anderson and her Band||The Sunday Class Dance Book 2||CD||1||R32 8||4:46||35.8||80th Anniversary Reel/Miss Lorraine Nelson of Aberdeen/Just One More/Pineapple Attack|
The Bees They are A'Drummin' 3/4L · R32
- 1s cross RH, cast (2s step up), meet in centre & turn 3s (1M+3L LH & 1L+3M RH) finishing in centre facing up 2 (1) 3
- 2s+1s+3s dance reflection (mirror) reels of 3 on sides (1s up, 2s out/down, 3s out/up).
- 1s dance 1/2 Fig 8 round 2s & dance 1/2 reels of 3 across (1L+2s & 1M+3s,1s passing 1st corner LSh). Finish all on opp sides (2) (1) (3)
- 2s+1s+3s Adv+Ret. 2s+1s+3s 1/2 turn partner RH, pull back RSh & dance out to own sides. 2 1 3
|Peterborough & District RSCDS Afternoon Tea Dance 2016-12-16||2016-12-16||Sheila Lewins||Nov. 5, 2016, 12:12 p.m.|
|TSC Sorrento Week 1 2017-03-13 (Monday)||2017-03-13||Amanda Peart||Jan. 5, 2017, 1:09 p.m.|
|TSC in Evora 12th March 2018||2018-03-12||Amanda Peart||Nov. 23, 2017, 3:57 p.m.|
|RSCDS Wirral - Tuesday 25 October 2016||2016-10-25||Andrew Locke||Oct. 24, 2016, 6:23 p.m.|
|Erlangen Summer Dance 2018||2018-06-23||Michael Knorr||June 2, 2018, 5:07 p.m.|