Dance Ken and Tula's Reel 17175
Reel · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 2134)
- Devised by
- Wendy Mumford (2016)
- 844 866 822 888 = 56% (whole dance)
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- Devised for the wedding of ...
Devised for the wedding of Ken Martlew to Petula Allen, 3 September 2016. Ken wanted a lively reel to fit the music he originally composed for Links to St Petersburg. For a young and energetic 1st couple the crossing into the second half of the reel can become a birl, to make it even more lively.
Ken and Tula's Reel 3/4L · R32
- 1C set & cross down RH to 2nd place, facing out;
- 2 & 3C dance full reels 3 on sides while 1C ½ reel 3 opposite sides (1W cast up, 1M cast down), cross R (or burl once) to 2nd place own sides. 1C ½ reels 3 own sides (iM cast up, 1W cast down). Finish in 3s across (1M between 2C, 1W between 3C)
- All set, 1C turn L ½ to face 1st corners.
- 1C set to corners and partner (Hello, goodbye), turn R to 2nd place own sides.
- All chase clockwise halfway round set; 2 & 3C continue chase to places while 1C turn R 1½ to 2nd place.
|Ken & Petula's Wedding Ball||2016-10-28||Ken Martlew||Aug. 20, 2016, 4:31 p.m.|