Dance Désirée Patterson 17920
Also known as “Desiree Patterson” (spelling).
Strathspey · 40 bars · 4 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 2413)
- Devised by
- Rod Downey (2017)
- 8008/8448/8888/8008/8888 = 81% (whole dance)
- Strathspey setting, Strathspey travel
- Published in
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- Rod writes: "Désirée has been ...
Rod writes: "Désirée has been secretary for the Johnsonville club, and is a long serving member. She and her husband John are super cyclists and have a longstanding blog. Being of Dutch descent, the cycling is part of her DNA. The Hello and Goodbye fIgure is from the Cane Toad Collection, specially the dance called The Three Oaks. Recommended music is "Centenary Square" by Chris Drewhurst, and a good recording is the society's recording of The Library at Birmingham from Book 49."
Rod Downey, tutor of the Johnsonville SCD Club, Wellington, New Zealand, devised 'Désirée Patterson' in honour of club member Désirée Patterson's 70th birthday on Monday, August 14, 2017.
He taught this four-couple strathspey to Désirée and other club members as the last dance for the evening at the club's weekly meeting, which occurred on Désirée's birthday. So it was danced for the first time ever.
Désirée Patterson 4/4L · S40
- 1c+4c set | cast inwards (2c+3c to ends) ; RHA, finish NHJ with P and facing “corner” on 1diagonal
- 1c+4c “Tandem SetH&G” to cnrs : 1c+2M & 4c+3L set, 1c+4c moving “in tandem” to sidelines | 1c set to 4c, moving “in tandem” to face corner on 2diag ; set to cnrs and move “in tandem” to between end cpls in lines of 4 across | Set to opposite line4 across
- 4c (1W leading) +2c & 1c (1M leading) +3c Rsh Reels3 across, at end flowing into
- 4c+1c LHA, finishing (2,4x,1x,3) ; 4c+ 1c turn P LH 1½ (2,4,1,3)
- 2c+4c & 1c+3c Poussette (2,4,1,3)