Dance Peacocks in the Glen 19078
Reel · 32 bars · 4 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 2413)
- Devised by
- Alison Austin (2015)
- 8008/8448/8448/8008 = 62% (whole dance)
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change
- Published in
- Extra info
- Peacocks have lived in Pittencrieff ...
Peacocks have lived in Pittencrieff Park (known locally as The Glen) in Dunfermline since 1905, and books have been published about their fictional adventures.
The four bar left hand turns can be performed as a birl by energetic dancers.
Peacocks in the Glen 4/4L · R32
- 1c+4c set | 1c+4c cast inwards (2c+3c step to ends) ; 1c & 4c ½ Fig8 round end cpl (2,1x,4x,3)
- 1c+4c RHA, finish in middle facing cnr ; middles turn cnrs LH 1½ to change places (option: Birl)
- 2c+3c RHA, finish in middle facing cnr ; middles turn cnrs LH 1½ (option: Birl), finish on sides (2,1x,4x,3)
- 1c+4c S&Link ; 4c & 1c dance ½ Fig8 round end cpl (2,4,1,3)
|Aberdour Spring Party - 24 April 2019 @ 7.30pm||2019-04-24||Bill O'Donnell||April 22, 2019, 4:55 p.m.|
|Dunfermline 90th Dances - Published 2018||2019-01-01||Bill O'Donnell||March 21, 2019, 5:37 p.m.|
|RSCDS Dunfermline Branch 90th Anniversary Ball||2019-05-31||Bill O'Donnell||May 2, 2019, 4:52 p.m.|