Dance Video Swings and Roundabouts (Video 1)
There seems to be a problem with video playback in your browser.
- Swings and Roundabouts (M64, Ian Dall: Third Sheaf Collection Diamond Jubilee 1955 - 2015)
- Added by
- Eric Ferguson (May 10, 2017, 1:55 a.m.) – Source: YouTube
- Quality (of the dancing)
- Demonstration quality (What does this mean?)
Back to the videos for this dance
Swings and Roundabouts 3/4L · M64
- 1s turn RH once & cast to 2nd place & turn LH about 1 1/2 times to face corners
- 1s and 1st corners change places RH, while 2nd corners set advancing slightly towards middle of set.1st and 2nd corners dance 1/2 LHA, while 1s dance CW round outside to next corner position.1W + 3M and 1M + 2W change place RH, while 3W and 2M cast by R dance out to their opposite corner position, 3W finish in 1st M's place and 2M in 3rd W's place (At end of bar 14, corners finish facing CW)1st + 2nd corners dance CW round outside to next corner position, while 1s turn LH 1 1/2 times to face their 1st corner in 2nd corner position.
- Repeat bars 9-14 from the new positions then 1s turn LH 3/4 round to finish in 2nd place on own side while 1st and 2nd corners dance CW round outside to next corner position.
- 1s diagonal R&L (1W up and 1M down)
- 1s Repeat bars 1-32 beginning from 2nd place. In bars 15-16 1s may prefer to replace the turn 1 1/2 times with change place.
Repeat with a new top couple.