Dance Video The Burn of Sorrow (Video 1)
- The Burn of Sorrow (S32, Barry Priddey: The Silver Rose Book of Scottish Country Dances)
- Added by
- Murrough Landon (Nov. 22, 2019, 12:08 a.m.) – Source: Vimeo
- Quality (of the dancing)
- Reasonable (What does this mean?)
Last two complete repeats (starting at offset 0:56). The video starts about 8 bars into the previous repeat.
In bars 5-6 the instructions suggest 1st man & 2nd woman should retain hands and half turn before casting but here they just pass right shoulder.
Back to the videos for this dance
The Burn of Sorrow 2/4L · S32
- 1C 2C dance RHA; 1M 2W retain RH, turn halfway  then cast L around partner and cross to own places .
- 1C 2C dance LHA; 1W 2M dance around partner by L and pass by the L - - 1W to face 2W, 2M to face 1M.
- Diagonal Reel4 - 1W 2M on reaching partner's place cross to own sides.
- 1C 2C Tourbillon.
(No diagram available.)