Dance Video The Sands of Seamill (Video 1)
There seems to be a problem with video playback in your browser.
- The Sands of Seamill (S32, John A Johnston: John A Johnston Dances)
- Added by
- Murrough Landon (July 23, 2021, 12:30 a.m.) – Source: YouTube
- Quality (of the dancing)
- Reasonable (What does this mean?)
Class in Cheboksary, Russia, 2021. A few hesitations but clear dancing. The instructions say the corners should continue setting as 1st couple petronella in bars 27-28, but here the corners stand.
Back to the videos for this dance
The Sands of Seamill 3/4L · S32
- 1s+2s set & 3/4 turn RH, 1M+2L change places LH while prtnrs dance clockwise 1/2 way & 3/4 turn prtnr RH (2s to 1st pl & 1s to face 1st crnrs
- 1s dance 1/2 reel of 4 with 1st corners & turn LH to face 1st crnrs (pstn), 1s dance 1/2 reel of 4 with 1st corners & pass LSh to face 2nd crnrs
- 1s repeat bars 9-16 with 2nd crnrs & end dancing to & turning right about in lines across (1M b'tw'n 2s facing dn & 1L b'tw'n 3s facing up)
- 2s+1s+3s set, 1s petronella turn to own sides while ws+3s continue setting; all turn partners 2H. End 2 1 3