Dance Video The Battle of the Shirts (Video 1)
There seems to be a problem with video playback in your browser.
- The Battle of the Shirts (R32, Janet Cook: Imperial Book of Scottish Country Dances - Volumes 4, 5 and More)
- Added by
- Murrough Landon (April 3, 2022, 10:26 p.m.) – Source: YouTube
- Quality (of the dancing)
- Reasonable (What does this mean?)
Geneva Spring Dance Workshop, Switzerland, 2022. The phrasing in this dance is a challenge.
Back to the videos for this dance
The Battle of the Shirts 4/4L · R32
3s & 4s on opposite sides
- 1s & 4s dance 1/2 Figs of 8 round 2s/3s & end between 2s/3s in lines across, 1s+2s Adv+Ret as 4s+3s Ret+Adv
- All dance reels of 4 across 1s & 4s end in middle BtoB facing corners
- 1s & 4s dance 'Hello-Goodbye' setting & on bars 23-24 end with1M & 4M crossing RH to face out (1M on L side, 4M on M side) while others PdB turning around as 4L ends facing down between 2s & 1L facing up between 3s
- 1M & 4M followed by partners cast to right around corner (3M/2M) into centre, loop round to right & cast around next corner (3L/2L) then cross to other side to end 2 4 (1)(3)