Dance The Old Spedling Castle's Ghost's Dance 10052
Jig · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- Jim Rae (2000)
- Note: This list may be incomplete and/or incorrect.
- Published in
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- The Old Spedling Castle´s ...
The Old Spedling Castle´s Ghost´s Dance is a dance where the 'standing' bottom man or top lady takes the part of the ghost to enter the dance. Thus, it is somehow a dance for 3 couples and a ghost in a 4 couple longwise set.
It was first tried at a dance workshop in 2000 led by Jim Rae at the Kuckucksnest (=cuckoo's nest) in Schlüchern, Germany. After a few more changes it was then published in his "A Dancing Tour Volume 2" in 2004.
The recording of the tune by Green Ginger named "The Old Spedling Castle's Ghost's Dance" (also mentioned by Jim Rae in "A Dancing Tour Volume 2") is only four times through. Thus, this recording might not be well suitable, if one wants to perform the dance the full eight times through in one go.
|Old Spedling Castle's Ghost's Dance||Gordon Shand and his Scottish Dance Band||Reels and Wheels||CD||5||J32 8||4:50||36.2||The Old Spedling Castle's Ghost's Dance/Lady Ross's Jig/Captain Ferguson's Jig/Lieutenant Charles Clapperton's Jig|
|The Old Spedling Castle's Ghost's Dance||Green Ginger||Gang on the Same Gate||CD||12||J32 4||2:27||36.8||The Old Spedling Castle's Ghost's Dance/Lady Ross's Jig/Captain Ferguson's Jig/Lieutenant Charles Clapperton's Jig|
The Old Spedling Castle's Ghost's Dance 3/4L · J32
- 1s cross RH & cast down to 2nd place, cross LH & 1L casts up while 1M casts down
- 1s dance reels of 3 across RSh to 1st corners (1M followed by Ghost) & 1/2 turn LH in middle to face 3rd corners
- 1s dance RSh reels of 3 across (Man with 2s & Lady with 3s) & pass RSh to face 1st corners
- 1s turn 1st corners RH, partner LH, 2nd corner RH & partner LH back to 2nd place own side
1st Ghost (1st 32 bars)
- 4M stands for 8 bars
- 4M 'ghosts' 1M in reel with 3s & joins in with LH turn
- 4M 'ghosts' 1L reeling with 3s & changes to 'ghost' 1M who faces 1st corner
- 4M joins in with 1M turning 1st corner & dances long way round to lead 1M into 2nd corner, joins in RH turn & crosses back to place
2nd Ghost (2nd 32 bars)
- Original 2nd Lady (now in 1st place) stands for 8 bars
- Lady 'ghosts' 1L in reel with 3rd couple & joins in with LH turn
- Lady 'ghosts' 1M reeling with 3rd couple & changes to 'ghost' 1L who faces Ladies 1st corner
- Lady joins in with 1L turning 1st corner & dances long way round to lead 1L into her 2nd corner, joins in RH turn & crosses back to place
Deviser's note: this jig may be danced with or without "The Ghost"
|2018-10-29 Nürnberg||2018-10-29||Jürgen Wagner||Oct. 29, 2018, 10:16 p.m.|
|15-10-31 Delft, Halloween Ball||2015-10-31||Truus de Ceuster||Oct. 17, 2015, 12:16 a.m.|
|Halloween Dance Delft 2015||2015-10-31||Edwin Werner||Nov. 21, 2019, 10:12 a.m.|
|RSCDS Falkirk 2001 CD "Reels and Wheels"||Craig Skinner||Aug. 13, 2016, 6 p.m.|
|Rachel Pusey - San Jose Class 10/30||2017-10-30||Rachel Pusey||Oct. 29, 2017, 10:22 p.m.|
|Darmstadt_2015_09_28||2015-09-28||OnYourToes Darmstadt||Sept. 22, 2015, 8:18 a.m.|
|150926 Autumn Dance||2015-09-26||Meinhard Reiser||Sept. 10, 2015, 9:50 a.m.|
|Darmstadt_2015_09_21||2015-09-21||OnYourToes Darmstadt||Sept. 20, 2015, 9:06 p.m.|
|Halloween Dance Delft 2016||2016-10-29||Edwin Werner||Sept. 27, 2016, 9:06 a.m.|
|FSCDC 29 September 2015||2015-09-29||Anselm Lingnau||March 1, 2016, 2:15 a.m.|
|Tadley Scottish Country Dancers - Halloween Dance 2017||2017-10-31||V Gardner||Oct. 5, 2017, 11:26 a.m.|
|Halloween Social||2017-10-30||Jamie Berg Gray||Oct. 29, 2017, 9:51 p.m.|
|Heidelberg Ball 2015-10-31||2015-10-31||Angelika Schmidkonz||Oct. 11, 2015, 6:56 p.m.|
|Tadley 2017-10-31 Halloween Dance||2017-10-31||David McQuillan||Sept. 29, 2017, 1:41 p.m.|
|Delft Halloween 2018||2018-10-27||Elmer de Jong||Nov. 1, 2018, 11:16 p.m.|
|San Jose Class Plan October 28th 2019||2019-10-28||Dilip Sequeira||Oct. 14, 2019, 6:11 a.m.|
|Scottish Dance Weekend Siófok||2016-06-04||Zoltán Gräff||June 13, 2016, 3:41 p.m.|