Dance Glen Cairn 10251
Strathspey · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- Sue McKinnell (2001)
- Strathspey travel
- Published in
- Online Sources
- Extra info
- This dance was written because ...
This dance was written because I wanted a 3 couple dance with a strathspey poussette and all the dances I found were 2 couple dances.
Family folklore says the ancestral home was named Glen Cairn, so I named the dance for it.
|The Marquis of Lorne||The Carfuffle Ceilidh Band||Muckle Carfuffle||CD+||2||S32 8||8:02||60.2||The Marquess of Lorn/The Perthshire Volunteers/Belladrum House/The Lees of Luncarty|
Glen Cairn 3/4L · S32
- 1s lead down middle & back remaining in middle with 2s stepping in behind them
- 1s+2s dance Allemande & 1s end facing 1st corners
- 1s turn 1st corner RH & partner LH, turn 2nd corner RH & turn partner LH to 2nd place own side
- 1s+3s dance Diamond Poussette