Dance The Ropemakers' Strathspey 11181
Strathspey · 40 bars · 4 couples · Longwise - 4
- Devised by
- Sarah Prone (2002)
- Strathspey setting, Strathspey travel
- Published in
- Online Sources
- Extra info
- 1-8 Represents stretching the flax ...
1-8 Represents stretching the flax.
9-16 Represents spinning the flax into cord.
17-24 Represents walking the ropes (setting up the cord on a ropewalk).
25-32 Represents twisting the cords into ropes/hawsers.
33-40 Represents the finished rope/hawser.
Devised by Sarah Prone Ashby (formerly Prone) to commemorate the rope-making tradition in the town of Bridport, Dorset, home of Bridport Scottish Country Dancers.
The Ropemakers' Strathspey 4/4L · S40
- 1M+3W & 2M+4W turn BH 1½ ; 1W+3M & 2W+4M turn BH 1½ (3x,4x,1x,2x)
- 3c+4c & 1c+2c RHA 1½ (to 4,3,2,1) | all set advancing and meet P in centre
- 4C Allemande. On [23-24] 1c turn P RH ending RSh to P between 2c facing opposite sides
- 12 bars of The Spurtle (2x,3x,4x,1x)
- All turn P RH ¾ to midline ; set | Petronella turn (2,3,4,1)